(Because Haley tagged me, and because I’ve been pretty quiet around here lately.)
1. The first rule is to post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself/your life .
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
I tag: Beca, Shelby, Caitlin and my mother.
1. What’s your favorite musical (I know, how to choose, right?!) If you don’t like musicals…oh, wait, that’s impossible because we couldn’t be friends.
Um, I don’t like musicals. Unless you count the ones friends appear in (Brigadoon!) or Disney movies like Lion King.
2. Who is your patron saint or who would you choose if you don’t have one?
St. John the Evangelist. I chose him without much thought because he’s the patron saint of writers and was also my mom’s patron saint. I did not realize that I would then be called “John” during my confirmation.
3. What literary character do you wish you were friends with in real life?
4. Are there any movies that you like better than the book they’re based on?
5. What kind of monster/animal did you think lived under your bed when you were little?
6. If you could live in any era, what would it be and why?
7. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I like other people’s cats just fine, but I don’t think I need one myself.
8. Mountains or beach?
9. If you were trapped on a desert island with books from only one author, who would it be? (And no, you can’t just say “the Bible.”)
C.S. Lewis, maybe — my burnout after studying him at Oxford in ‘07 seems to be lifting, finally.
10. Your favorite book when you were a child.
Blueberries for Sal was my first favorite. Kerplink, kerplunk.
11. Would you rather never be able to drink coffee again or never be able to eat dessert again?
Never drink coffee again. I can’t, really, unless it’s decaf, or I get a wicked stomachache.
1. If you could live in a movie, which would you choose?
2. What aspect of your life now would seem most unexpected to ten-year-old you?
3. What is a name you love but would never use on a baby?
4. What are you proud of?
5. Which two words/people do you always confuse?
6. What book can you just not get through?
7. What was your most recent irresponsible purchase?
8. What is your earliest memory?
9. What’s the last song you turned up loud in your car?
10. What’s the book you wish everyone would read?
11. What’s your favorite time of year?*